Please note that this method is applicable only for Fine Jewellery ( Gold, Platinum ) and non-plated 925 Sterling Silver Jewelry. You would need a few items before starting the process. It is fairly simple DIY process - soak the earrings in mild detergent and warm water, and gently scrub it with a toothbrush. Finally, wipe it dry with a soft cloth to restore its beauty.
Here’s the step by step procedure :
- Gather materials : dish soap, toothbrush and soft cloth, two shallow bowls, a strainer, mild dish soap, warm water, old toothbrushes and lint-free cloths.
- Gather the jewelry that need to be cleaned. Additional cloths can be useful for lining the work surface to protect it and the jewelry.
- Soak jewelry : Add to the bowl a few drops of soap and enough warm water to cover the earrings. Place jewelry in strainer, lower into water and soak for five minutes.
- Scrub gently : If needed, use an old toothbrush to gently scrub away dirt and grime. Be careful not to loosen any stones or settings.
- Rinse, and dry : Fill another bowl with more warm water. Return the jewelry to the strainer, and submerge in clean rinse water. Swish them around if necessary. Remove, then dry with a lint-free cloth. Buff to restore the shine.
Clean pearl jewelry : For pearl earrings, soaking is not recommended, since a soak can damage the pearls. Instead lay them on a soft cloth, then brush them gently with a soft brush dipped in mild soapy water. Rinse them with a damp, soft cloth. Allow the pearl earrings to air dry.
We're offering free shipping!